In our studio, we separate the following types of waste:
- Plastic – every day we sort out 120l of plastic.
- Paper – every day we sort out 120l of paper.
- Cardboard – once per 2 months I take out 2-3 bundles of cartons to a waste collection point. Indeed, carton is sorted out separately.
- Electricity – once per 6-12 months I take out boxes with different electronic waste to a waste collection point.
- Hazardous – a special profile company takes out contaminated and unsafe waste. They say it is burnt.
- Mixed – once per week 120l are taken out.
- We try to avoid printed tattoo designs catalogs, as it is a big paper consumption and all tattoos can be easily find on the internet.
- In our studio, we have two types of printers (for technical reasons) – LED printer and inkjet printer. If we need to print a lot, we always use the environment-friendly inkjet printer, which is refilled with a color.
- Necessary documents as Informed consent with a procedure we print out on the opposite side of a used paper.
Electricity and gas
- In our studio, we have only LED bulbs, which save a lot of energy. Even in softboxes near workplaces of our tattooists, we do not have usual 120W photo lighting bulbs, but rather expensive LED bulbs.
- We try to heat only in rooms we actually work, other rooms we remain unheated.